Do you have a passion for horticulture and an eye for detail?
• Do you want to be a part of an expanding industry within a reputable organisation?
Flavorite is Australia’s premier grower and marketer of flavoursome vine-ripened, glasshouse grown produce which is stocked in major supermarkets across Australia and overseas. Established in 1994, Flavorite is a family owned business that maintains its competitive edge through constant innovation. The farm is located in Warragul, which is ideally situated in the Gippsland food bowl and currently covers in excess of 26 hectares of protected under cover cropping, employing up to 350 employees.
We now have available an exciting position for a passionate individual to join our Technical Growing team. This is a highly technical role, you will find yourself thriving under new challenges where no two days are the same.
Reporting directly to the Growing Supervisor the Growing Technician is responsible for assisting the Growing Supervisor with the implementation of the growing strategies in order to achieve budgeted production levels.
Primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Inspection of crop health and irrigation requirements
• Maintenance and repairs of irrigation lines and equipment
• Undertake PH and EC calibrations to specifications
• Use of computer based program to control greenhouse environment
• Mix fertiliser to procedure and OH&S standards
• Record and report on goods consumption
• Complete regular audits against required targets
The successful candidate will possess:
- • Sound computer skills
- • Sound numeracy skills
- • Good communication and interpersonal skills
- • Attention to detail
- • Good problem solving skills
- • Sound judgement and initiative
- • Willingness to learn and acquire new skills
Previous experience or a strong desire to develop a career in Horticulture with a willingness to participate in a comprehensive 6 month training program is essential.
This is a full time ongoing position on a rotating roster which includes weekends. Penalty rates apply for any weekend work.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please complete your application on our website at:
Applications close: Sunday 6th March 2016